I will report each Saturday in three categories : In, Out and Shake-it-All-About. The aim is that "Out" minus "In" will be greater than or equal to 7.
The stuff we bring in to our homes. This includes:
- Stash items of ANY kind
- Other forms of entertainment such as books, magazines, cds etc.
- Items received by subscription, for example, magazines are to be counted.
- Clothes and accessories are to be counted.
- Homewares are to be counted.
- Gifts received are to be counted.
- Exempt are consumables such as food and other groceries and items borrowed from the library (but not items borrowed from the library and copied for keeping because that is (a) illegal and (b) not in the spirit of the challenge).
Items deliberately weeded from the house. Consumables do not count. Completely worn out and non-fixable/transformable clothing, household items etc do.
This category is about transformation. It important to acknowledge the creative transformation of items already in the home. This might be as simple as the use of stash buttons on an old jacket to revamp it instead of buying a new one or other transformation of clothes. It might be the creation of something new for ourselves or others from stash. Some items from this category will become "outs" which is perfectly fine.