Sunday, February 22, 2009
books x 2 - op shop lovers day.
Glasses, set of - op shop lovers day.
Shirt - op shop lovers day.
Boots - op shop lovers day.
T-shirts 5 - vinnies
Shirts 2 - vinnies
scarf 1 - vinnies
pillow, camping 1 - vinnies
Belt, too small and out of style - vinnies
Sheet Torn 1 - vinnies rags
Shirts torn 2 - vinnies rags
t-towel torn 1 - vinnies rags
Sock 1 (lost the other one ages ago) - vinnies rags
Total for 2009
Total in 33
Total out 53
Room of shame, still to be looked at, cupboard of shame, still to be looked at.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Book (Second hand market)
Cookbook (free with newspaper)
cds (free with newspaper)
Toaster (broken - landfill)
shoes (still good, were given to me before christmas, but only now have i tried them on, dahm too small - vinnies)
In - 4
Out - 2
Dam, a poor week for outs, but in a couple of weeks time, i will get into the room of shame and that should improve my out ratio. I know you all think it is odd that i am counting out a toaster without counting one in, but last year Aldi had toasters etc for $8, so i had a spare in the cupboard. I still have a spare kettle in the cupboard.
total for 2009
Total in 28
Total out 38
Thursday, February 12, 2009
When i started writing for this blog, i was going to try and bring a mans perspective into the mix of the other blog writers. On this front i have not succeeded (although i have a number of half finished articles on my computer).
However, the day that causes the most problems for men is rapidly approaching. That is right, Love Day is this Saturday.
Girls, how many times have you looked at the present your other half gives you on love day, and wanted to club him into submission with the nearest heavy object.
So guys, here are the list of common "Love Day" presents, and what they really mean to your loved one.
- Flowers: given on Love Day. I forgot what day it was, and picked these up on the way home.
- Flowers: given on Love Day eve. Damn, i got my days wrong, and picked these up on the way home.
- Chocolates: I am uncreative and did not know what to get you, so i went for the traditional gift. I will have my hot cocoa before i go to bed.
- Chocolates in a heart shaped box: I am uncreative and will wear a cardigan while drinking a hot cocoa , and I might keep my socks on in bed.
- Spa booking or Spa gift certificate: I am out of ideas and figure this is one step above a shop gift card.
- Kitchen or Other Household Appliances: Our Romance is dead, Do we have a pre-nup in place?
- Lingerie: First the basics, if it is red/black/white and Nylon, then keep a safety helmet handy. In fact put it on first (the Safety Helmet), as she will be looking for a heavy object to bash you with if it is red/black/white and Nylon. I know you only intend on her wearing it for 5 minutes, but go for material that is sensual and sexy to wear, not cheap as chips and about as comfy (think about it, would you wear a pair of boxers made out of this).
Follow these ideas when buying your love day present and who knows what will happen on the evening of love day.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
books x2 (vinnies)
Tupperware (second chance)
books x4 (lifeline)
Total for 2009
Total in 24
Total out 36
Saturday, February 7, 2009
We got there an hour before they were due to close, but they had almost packed up the store. We did snaffle a bargain on the bric-a-brac table, though. Four Tupperware champagne flutes, still in their original packaging, for $1.50.
We were dead chuffed - we've been collecting a picnic set of the wine and champagne glasses. Now the search continues for some of the wine glasses.
We may bring them out and give them a test at the opening of the new shop when TSS and Taph join me for a chicken and champagne breakfast.