Thursday, July 30, 2009

It is not a quest ...


...if you are only going to the shops for some tobacco.


When i first started my Johnson challenge Taph said it was not a challenge it i just go to Peters of Kensington. Well we spent a month scouring op shops and ebay, and all we found was one very chipped plate in an op shop.


So i decided to test the waters and see what was around that was new. Peters of Kensington had some stuff new and i will be making a pilgrimage there, but the shock to the system was the TV shopping networks' website. I was not able to help myself and bought a tea set and a set of coffee mugs.
I do not know what came over me, maybe it was the concept of finding an internet site in Australia who had some for sale. Maybe it was because i had been looking for matching bits for my parents set for years and had only ever found some cups and saucers, and i felt this search would go the same way.


Whatever the reason, i bought these items, and blew the budget in the process. Of course now i do have a teapot and associated items.


And a road trip to Sydney in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment